Why can’t I retain any type of information in my mind?

I’ve been having a hard time remembering any information I learn. Either from reading or listening. At this point I feel like there’s something wrong with me, I know what I read, how it made me feel. But I just can’t seem to remember the exact details nor know how to explain what I’ve learned. I’m sure it ties in with my reading comprehension skills. Honestly I don’t even know what I’m trying to ask, or what answer I want but I want to be able to retain knowledge when I read or listen to podcasts. 

When I read books I do try to take notes, and annotate but I still don’t retain information. Help? Any suggestions? How would I know if I have any learning disability? 

Now that school is online, I’m taking the semester off. But I want to challenge myself in reading more often, learn as much as I can just myself. You can say, I’m trying to educate myself. 

I really want to make my mind just break these barriers i have with in me. 

Might be depression. People who can feel emotions may have a brain that is convoluted with emotions that causes non-emotional information to not be processed.

I'll show you an answer with ideas that a number of people here have said are good. I base the answer on my experience as a university student and on my short list of the best authors on study skills. One that I mention is Dr Marvin Cohn, an experienced teacher who got a PhD in reading and headed a university's reading and learning disability clinic. If you have trouble reading, his book above all is the one to read.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181...

Always read with a pencil in your hand - write notes in a notebook or make copies from your textbooks to mark them. It’s easy to outline in your notebook - use headings and subheadings.  One way to underline is to read quickly just underlining some interesting phrases and sentences. Then you go back and study the chapter carefully. Knowing how to underline is very useful. You don't want to underline too much or too little. You want to get the main facts. When you've done a good job of underlining a chapter, you'll be able to read the underlined parts and they will make sense like reading the book. When you write margin notes, they can tell you where things are in the chapter. It's very good to have your own ideas about what you're reading and write them in the margins. Write down questions. See if you can find them in the book. Or you can ask the teacher.

You do... it is there... it is remembering that is most human's problem.