San

Which is correct?

He may have to return the tool tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, but he can still use it (today / for today).

Thanks!

The word "today" sounds better. He may return the tool in one or two days. I would use "should" in the sentence. "He should use the tool today because he may have to return it tomorrow."                  

• RP

The first is correct, but you might also consider He may need to return the tool tomorrow or the day after, but he can still use it today

Both are grammatically correct. I would just go with whatever sounds best to you. I prefer "for today" but that's just me.

I'd say today. "for today" doesn't sound right. and he is allowed to use it for multiple days. so saying "for today" means he can only use it for today. but he can use it tomorrow as well. just my assumption

"Today" would be more correct.