Do I need to give a two weeks notice to quit McDonald’s?

I want to quit McDonalds. Management is just horrible. There’s no organization or structure whatsoever. The so called “training” is a joke to me. Another worker will be beside you for 2 hours on the first day, and it’s a wrap.It isn’t a good fit for me. I don’t work well with no structure, organization, and without proper training. I genuinely don’t feel disappointed for wanting to quit in such little time because who wants to be in an environment like that. I feel like I’d be better off with a job that involves clothes. 

• Scott

Have you ever heard the phrase "don't burn bridges behind you"? Giving an employer a two week notice means you will leave their employ in good standing. You never know when you might need  to use them as a past reference. Last September, I was laid off from my job along with several others due to budget reductions. It was a total shock at the time, but I remained calm and signed the necessary paperwork, cleaned out my desk and was walked out. Another co-worker who was laid off got mad, and cursed at the HR person. i was later hired back as a contractor for a few months. He will never be able to be hired back because of his attitude when he left the company. He burned that bridge, I did not.

• Some fast food places are like that. The training is having some one beside you for a few hours, they should be able to help you if you ask them for it. Fast food places  expect you to pick things up quickly, since it is fast food and they will push you to work faster. 

You don't have to but you should, if you don't want to 'burn any bridges'. You also don't have to give them a reason. Give some notice so they can find some one to replace you. 

Retail (working with clothes) isn't all that better then fast food. You're still dealing with customers and management styles that you may not always agree with. Retail can be a fast paced environment, you have to learn how to multi task, prioritize and keep organized.

• Judy

you should ..................

You should, but you don't "need" to.

• talk  with  the  general  manager.