What is the Kinetic Molecular Theory and state the 5 postulates?
- jacob sLv 74 weeks ago
Postulates of the Kinetic molecular theory of Gases are
1) The molecules in a gas are small and very far apart.
2) Gas molecules are in constant random motion.
3) Molecules can collide with each other and with the walls of the container. Collisions with the walls account for the pressure of the gas.
4) When collisions occur, the molecules lose no kinetic energy; that is, the collisions are said to be perfectly elastic
5) The molecules exert no attractive or repulsive forces on one another except during the process of collision. Between collisions, they move in straight lines.