Mike asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 weeks ago

what is typical seasoning for pork chops?

Update:

how do i season pork chops

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

For us it has always been just salt and pepper. Sometimes we will do a fryup of mushrooms and onions as a side, but generally we don't add anything else to porkchops.

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

TYPICAL having the distinctive QUALITIES of a particular type of person or thing SEASONING : Salt herbs ,or spices added to food to enhance its flavor

A google search listed Caraway, Allspice, Cumin ,Ginger,Celery seed,Garlic,Rosemary.

Thank you for the question

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Try cooking them in Cider!

• 🦋
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Greek seasoning is good

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Salt, pepper, sage, marjoram or thyme work well--so do garlic and onion. 

• A
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

salt, pepper, garlic powder, sage

• Anton
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

There is no "typical" seasoning for pork chops -- the seasoning depends on the recipe.

One that I make:

Plain chop, grilled on the Barbie, a bit of BBQ sauce.

French Onion Pork Chop, a bit of dijon mustard, sauteed

Peppers with Pork, a bit of salt & pepper, sauteed

Pork Chops w/ garlic-mushroom sauce, dijon mustard, sauteed

Pork Chops with Rice, bare sauteed, the rice gets pepper, powdered garlic, Penzeys Bavarian, Worcestershire sauce

Jaegerschnitzel with Spaetzle -- I don't do often 'way too busy to make.

Place pork chops hammer to 3/8" thick, then dip in:Flour, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic in one bowl.Beat the eggs in a second bowl.Bread crumbs in third bowl.

sauteed.  Top with the sauce:

Slice mushroom, saute in butter, sauteed onion, cream, thyme.

Spaetzle -- flour, salt, pepper, butter, milk and egg.  A lady suggested sauteing after cooking.

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Any flavours that you like / think would work.

If I'm cooking them in the oven, I like to spread a little mustard [American or Dijon] over the chop and sprinkle sage + onion stuffing mix over to stick to the mustard before I bake them.

I have fried them [slowly] in a skillet after coating them in seasoned flour for a crispy chop,  I have some apple sauce [with a little fresh mint added] with the pan fried ones. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Lately i have been using salt, pepper and some dried Sage. 

• 3 weeks ago

garlic ...............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.