What’s the best way to completely shut off the world for __ days?

I just really need alone time and I don’t want to be contacted by anyone. Family or friends for a short but undisclosed amount of time. I don’t know how much time I’ll need, maybe a couple of weeks or maybe a month. The only thing is my parents will freak out. (I’m an adult but we’re pretty close) I thought about sending a message prior to not answering calls and texts stating that I’m okay but I just want to be alone and not bothered by anyone. But i feel like that might make people actually go against it and worry and ultimately try and come get me. I really just need to process my

Own thoughts and how I fit in the world without distractions. I’ve already deleted my social media’s and I just don’t know the best way to cut contact with the people who love me.

Yes, talk to them first, preferable on the phone and not just a text message, and let them know what you'll be doing so that they don't freak out when they can't get hold of you. What I also suggest is getting one contact person, someone you can trust not to disturb you, but who can get hold of you in case of an emergency.

Settle all other practical matters, and then disconnect.

I did it last year, albeit only for a few days, and I didn't delete any social media accounts. I just didn't check them. Had my aunt as my contact person, and it was heaven to get a break. Am tempted to make it yearly, longer thing.

You contact your parents each day through an email. Or text.  Write a brief message.  Talk to them before hand and ask them not to contact you with more  than a Got your text. We are well too.

Ignore friends. Let them know you are going dark for awhile.

• Edna

I don't think it's possible for you to "shut off the world ", not for even one full month. You could cut all contact with your loved ones and you could shut off your phone and your TV so that you wouldn't be distracted. But, you're still going to have to pay your rent, your credit card bills, you car payment, and your utilities every month. When you pay those bills, you will no longer be shutting off the world. The "world" will be right there with you. 

Well, apparently you haven't shut off all social media or you wouldn't be posting.

Tell your family what you've told us.  Disappear and they can request a welfare check.

Get off the grid. Turn off your computer and all electronics. Freedom awaits you.

• Alan H

Why not go on a silent retreat?

IF you need space and time to only hear your own thoughts (sometimes we do need that), then that's all you need to tell people. They might not obey your command but, endgame, you're in charge. Maybe you can just not answer your phone or door or computer. I know numerous people who go to a retreat periodically and no one really knows if they've gone to India or Uruguay or their own back yard because they just are "gone". No need to "cut contact" or "delete" anything or anyone or give an address they can be reached at because they're in "retreat". Might be easier than you think! Just be in control of yourself. Controlling everyone else not needed.