Ac blowing icy cold at idle but cool when driving?

Yesterday I bought Mercury Grand Marquis 2005 and car is in excellent condition and well maintained. Today while driving on highway I noticed Ac doesn't blow as cold as compare to at idle. Fans are working fine and yeah forgot to mention that heater (warm) is not working only cold is working. I asked the previous owner about this heater issue and he said he has no idea about that as he never used heater because it's hot here almost throughout the whole year and no one uses heater in winter and even I never used heater in winter as well. What cold be reason of it?

Read the owner's manual. DO NOT RELY on the seller for telling the truth about anything.  When in doubt go to the Ford dealership and ask them .  They don't have to sell you NUTTIN. you just want information because you are too lazy to read.  You find out in short order what is happening.

They got to see it because there are some things to check which I can't do from here.

ac has a  high side and a low sided have the ac drained and replaced to its original level-- this could solve the problem.

Check the charge.  System could be low on refrigerant.