Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 4 weeks ago

Why can't you just stay home during this pandemic?

If you people stayed home back in March for 2 weeks, the surgeon general said this virus would have been eradicated. I am dumbfounded at the irresponsibility and carelessness of people during these times. And no, the pandemic is not over, it is on the rise again. And yes, it is due to reopening. Do you really need to go to a restaurant right now, or go to a movie theater, or get your nails done, or get a freaking tattoo? What is wrong with you? Don't you value your LIFE? Contrary to popular belief, this is not an old person disease, YOU are as vulnerable as anybody. I understand you want to go out and do sh*t, I do too. What I want to know is, why can't you be a little more patient. Watch some TV shows, read, Facetime your friends. All you are doing by going out and getting infected and spreading the virus is prolonging the pandemic. Wait for a vaccine, what's another 6 months? If you can't do it for others, do it for yourself. Please stay home.

PS: Don't be a douche, wear a mask.

• Edna

If you just "stayed home" and never went out, how would you ever get any groceries or anything else you needed? If you have it delivered to your home, did you ever stop to think that the people delivering it will HAVE to get out, in order to deliver to you? What about THEM? Should they "stay home" too; or don't they matter to you? What about doctors, nurses, firemen, policemen, ambulance drivers, truckers, etc. Do you want THEM to stay home too?

"Don't be a douche, wear a mask". Aren't you the smart one? I NEVER wear a mask, and I don't think I'm a douche for not doing so. I have emphysema, and I frequently find it difficult to breathe. Some days, I have to breathe through my mouth in order to take a deep breath. I can NOT breathe if a mask is covering my nose and mouth. My doctor has told me that, because of my breathing problem, I should never attempt to wear a mask, for any reason. I have a signed statement from my doctor to that effect. What do you have to say about THAT, smart one? There are MANY people in the same boat I'm in - we can NOT wear a mask!

"Wait for a vaccine, what's another 6 months?" There's not going to BE a vaccine available in 6 months; not even if they developed one tomorrow. If they EVER come up with one, it probably won't be available until some time in 2022. From the time any new vaccine is first developed, it has to undergo 16 to 18 months of test trials on human subjects before it is deemed safe to use, and is approved and released for use by the FDA. 

Dude, we could stay home for twenty years straight, and this virus will still be out there waiting for us.  Our economy will CRASH way, way, far before this damned virus ever goes anywhere, I promise you.   It just is not feasible.   THAT's why.......

People don’t generally like being imprisoned inside walled structures. That’s why the criminal justice system uses jails as an effective punishment, why mental hospitals aren’t enjoyable places and why parents ground their children. If you’re into it, more power to you. Not everybody is though.

Hopefully the idiots get it and die soon. Darwin will take care of the mental defectives soon.

yeah I also wondered why?

Agreed.

Someone mentioned Martial Law should have been issued. And I agree.

It’s not our problem that your math teachers failed you. If you did the math, you’d understand how blown out of proportion this virus is. You can stay locked up in your basement. Mind your business as to how others choose to live their life you miserable human being. 

I only go out to shop and to work. I wear a mask and gloves whenever I’m around people. I put off my vacation that I’ve been looking forward to. 

Because it's proven that this virus is weaker than the flu. We don't let the Flu ruin our lives and we aren't going to let this either!