stack-able laundry center?

my current thin twin washer .dryer voltage is 120/240V 27A 60HZ. It  has  one male plug in for the outlet. The replacement am looking at is also a stack-able but the voltage is 207V/240V 21/22AMP 60HZ... just a bit confuse on the washer voltage. curious is this will be compatible.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Roger
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It appears that the stack- able washer/ dryer will work on 120/207 and 120/240 volts.It should be compatible with your power Your dwelling has Edison power which is 120/240 volts, two hot lines and a neutral enter your dwelling. Each hot line has a voltage 120 volts with respect to the neutral with the hot to hot line voltage being 240 volts.

The washer/ dryer component can also work with 120/208 volt power (Y power), large apartment complexes use Y power. They have 3 power lines entering the complex, each power line is 120 volts with respect to neutral, however the 3 lines are 120° out of phase with each other. Each apartment unit will get two hots and a neutral but the hot to hot voltage will be 207 volts not 240 volts. 

• Jim
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

So the new unit uses less electricity and appears to be more efficient.

If the plug is the same, it will work fine.

• 3 weeks ago

the unit you have is a built as one unit 

in that unit the single input is  240VAC (usa) is transformed to 120VAC for the washing machine motor from the 240VAC input single cord and the Dryer is still 240VAC 

a stack-able is two separate machines each has it's own power source

the washing machine is (USA)  120VAC and needs it's own separate 120VAC outlet 

the Dryer is a separate 240VAC and needs it's OWN outlet .... I suggest you have a electrician check this out first before the install guys get there 

note old 240VAC is 3 prong ,,,, new style of 240VAC 4 prong and suggest to upgrade safer 

appliance store install guys are not electricians and cannot wire or create a new power outlet 

your stack-able will have metal tabs added to them, to bolt the separate two machines one sitting on the other but they are still totally independent from each others -- these are machines designed to sit side by side or separate rooms with the brackets for conveniences 

you also need to realize each nation has it's own power specifications , apply as needed - your number look like USA but many other nations are similar 

• 3 weeks ago

It sounds like it is 220V /2 phase 60hz.

Take a picture of the plug end and tell us where you are. US, Canada, Italy, Bangladishoo...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You really need to talk with a salesperson about the new units. Take a picture of your existing outlet and plug. Compare. the existing plug with the new one.  I suspect you may need to have a different outlet for the new units. You also need to check the breaker size for the washer/dryer circuit to be sure it is okay and not too small.

• 3 weeks ago

"The replacement am looking at"

what is you are trying to replace?

1)twin washer dryer or

2)connecting cable

240*22= 5280 w

240*27= 6480 w

i presume you meant, stackable washer and dryer one above the other.

if that's the case,i recommend you go for the replacement.

your energy bill will be lesser by 23%

• 3 weeks ago

If an actual store is selling this to you, make sure delivery and installation is included.  Has to work before you are happy to pay them.  Does the plug look the same?

• 3 weeks ago

Do not use the replacement because its current rate less than 27A that your appliance needs, 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.