Anonymous

If us arabs are Caucasians why whites still don't accept us?

If us arabs are caucasian why whites still insult me call me racist names and mistreat me and other arabs? I thought we were same race?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Because you don't get treated as a white person by non whites you get minority status whites don't 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Its because you are muslim 

• People's prejudices are often based on one hated characteristic when other characteristics are acceptable. Arab is a nationality, not a skin color or a religion. In general, int the US there is a hierarchy. Different areas of the US embrace different hierarchies. Here's one-

Caucasion, Western European ancestry protestant

Caucasion, Eastern European ancestry, Jew

Caucasion, Western European ancestry Catholic

Caucasion, Western European, protestant or catholic

Caucasion, Eastern European, protestant or catholic

Black, African, protestant

Caucasian, Hispanic American Ancestry, catholic

Brown-skinned, Hispanic American Ancestry, catholic

Black African, Muslim or catholic

Caucasian or Brown-skinned Hispanic American, catholic

Caucasion, Arab Ancestry, Christian

Caucasian, Arab Ancestry, Muslim

Black, Americans, Christian

Black American, Muslim

Caucasion, Arab American, Christian

Caucasian, Arab American Muslim 

I live in a very multicultural community. Lots of Arab, Jew, Asian (which I didn't even include above) families who are both new immigrant and established for generation.The prejudices can be very subtle or criminal

• Prince
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You ought properly to say "we" Arabs not "us" Arabs. Remaining islamist and not becoming Christian keeps you from assimilation. In the early days of the Church there were Jews becoming Christian and pagan Greeks and Romans becoming Christian and a great deal of blood from different races mixed in the new religion. Early Christians had Jewish and Greek and Roman and Visigoth blood. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Race has nothing to do with it. Jews and Arabs are biologically the same but they hate each other. Greeks and Turks are biologically the same but hate each other too. Japanese look down upon anyone who isn't Japanese. 

In short, you don't have to be very different to be mistreated. If you are not part of the cultural majority then you can expect be mistreated. 

Just a reminder, Christians in Muslim lands are horribly mistreated too. 

• 1 month ago

All races will now before Christ.

That's what truly matters.

• 1 month ago

Because racism isn't based on anything real biologically.  There's also anti-Irish and antisemitic racism, both involving White people being racist against other Whites.  It's not about logic.

• 1 month ago

Caucasians are the people of the Caucasus, the area between the Black sea and the Caspian Sea. Part of southern Russia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, northeast Turkey and northwest Iran are in the Caucasus. If you are not from there, you are not Caucasian.

Arab refers to people from countries that speak an Arabic language. None of the Caucasian countries are Arabic. "Arab" says nothing at all about skin colour and Arabs have pale or dark skin depending on where they are from. The US Government says that all Europeans, western Asians and north Africans are "white". As most of the Arab countries are in western Asia or north Africa, most Arabs are "white".

• 1 month ago

not all white people hate them, i dont

• Joe
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

there are two thigns wrong with your question, one is your not white, and two is your not accepted

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.