Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

Why are women afraid of letting men see them without makeup?

I've had several women that say they love hiking on their online dating profiles, that I asked them out on a hiking adventure together and they said that they had to decline because they didn't want me to see them without makeup on and said that we had to do something else that would allow them to wear makeup. Like seriously.... how insecure can you be? That's a massive turnoff

Simple. They think they are ugly.

the male like many males in nature have natural looks, women often need to enhance what they do have.... but the real fact they want to look their best -- respect that    see  peacock and peahen birds for example 

Google "Medusa" and then you'll know.

I’m not afraid because I look just as ugly with makeup as I do without, so the guy’s not gonna be shocked when I’m still ugly even when I take my makeup off.

I often don't wear makeup. I wear a little mascara and lip gloss for work and heavier makeup if I'm going someplace special. But I've been with my partner for ten years and he sees me without makeup every morning and every night and he prefers me without it anyway. Women who won't let a man see her without it are insecure about the way they look.

• Alan H

Most are not like that 

Honestly, I don't mind girls wearing makeup. I get attracted to them naturally 

we don't all act like that but i think you're just trolling honestly

• Can’t really relate because I’m one of the like 5% of girls out there that don’t like makeup, but I’d say they get so used to wearing makeup, and observing celebrities looks that they just grow to be insecure about their looks. So much so that they feel they need to wear their makeup mask at all times or people will look at them like they’re a monster. And once they start wearing it every time they go out in public, everyone has seen them with that mask on and think that’s how they look. So they feel like they CAN NOT go out with their real face on or people will make a big deal out of it. I’ve heard girls complain people say they look tired the day they chose to not wear any. Those kinds of comments get to them. Makeup has taken over society for girls so are constantly looking at every other girl out there wearing makeup and then feel ugly by comparison if they choose not to wear it. I notice that they all seem to think they’re ugly without makeup on because society makes them feel that way. No one seems to like the natural look these days. I agree this kind of insecurity would turn me off too if I was a guy. It would make me feel like I don’t even know the person for who they really are. If they HAVE to wear makeup, I wish they’d just wear a little so you can’t tell they’re wearing any and can still tell what they look like. It’s unbelievable how different makeup makes a person’s face look. You see two pictures of the same girl, one with makeup and one without and they don’t even look like the same person. Wish more girls would just be themselves... I really feel they overreact saying they’re ugly. I’m sure they’re beautiful. They just don’t have the confidence to believe it themselves. 

That indicates they're either really high maintenance, shallow & vain OR they lied about hiking. Either way, you're better off ditching a girl like that.