Am I doing the right thing?

Yesterday I just cut off my friendship of 10 years with someone. I always feel nothing positive all we do is talk about drama, the past, and I have to lie about myself because when I have my own beliefs and whatever she’ll have a problem with it and I always feel like I’m only a friend when she wants something in total I gave her over $700, but I never had got anything in return and sometimes I don’t expect nothing back. The cycle is I give her money she ask and have conversation and then not hear from her for 2 weeks to a month and she wants something. She has a baby and she and her bf broke and packed up and left she live in Hampton and she told me all her problems With her bf asking for money after not hearing from her for a month and she out of the blue asked me for money and I got mad and told her off. Every time things goes wrong for her with the guys and her telling me about her having no money no vehicle and whatever the burden lies on me and I feel that I have to buy her friendship and conversation and she apologize even when she apologize I forgave but I cut her off. I never got anything positive about the friendship that we had so I wished her best of luck and happiness in life and with her schooling and cut her loose? Am I doing the right thing or should I feel bad and guilty?

• Tj

She has been using you for years.....you did the right thing. stick to it.

thats up to you but maybe you should talk to her about it