How to make new friends when moving to a new place? ?

I go to school in MA but I’m moving down to Boca Raton in Florida and I’m nervous about not being able to make friends. I am currently going to school in MA but since I’m about to be a senior, I’m just doing online classes instead of transferring because it wouldn’t make any sense to transfer this late so i don’t think I could make friends through college. I am so excited for this move and this big change but I’m also nervous. How do you make friends when you’re moving to a new town? 

I think the easiest way is to find something you are interested in and join a group or club to find others who have that interest.

When one of our daughters started at a new school, she was in band, and had Marching Band camp prior to school starting. All of the students at the camp had a common interest in music, and the first day she made friends who remained her friends throughout high school.

She had the same experience her first year of college. : )

• John

I meet many neighbors by taking long walks.