Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Which Christian denominations teach the rapture belief?

I'm asking this because most Christians do not accept the rapture belief. But there are a few who believe in the concept. So which religions teach the rapture? Or are they getting the belief from somewhere else?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Some Protestant churches do, some don't, one more subject on which they all disagree with one another. The original and true Christian Church, the one Church Jesus Christ founded, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth, has never taught this false, manmade belief. Jesus taught "It is ordained that we die once, and then comes judgement".

• sarah
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

most do not believe it as taught by the churches.  Revelation 5:10 says that those who go to heaven will rule over the earth with Jesus Christ.  So some will be on the earth.  The bible does not say children and just about everyone else is going to heaven.  Those who will rule over the earth will in the last days leave earth to go to heaven.  

• 4 weeks ago

Generally, the belief in the rapture - as described or discussed in Matthew 24, John 14, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 Corinthians 15, and Revelation - is embraced by evangelical Christians, such as Baptist, Covenant, Calvary Chapel, etc.. There are a lot of independent evangelical churches that do not belong to a denomination that subscribe to the rapture of the church. 

Other Christians and so-called Christians, such as Lutheran and Catholic, subscribe to "amillennialism", which pretty much ignores Revelation treating it as totally "symbolic". Amillennialism holds that there is no rapture and the end of the (non-specific) millennial period (which they believe we are presently in) is when Jesus will return to earth and set up His kingdom. Of course, the premise is that the church is continually improving the world in preparation for Jesus' return. That latter point certainly is a major hoot! 

The early believers (circa 50 AD) most assuredly embraced the rapture. In fact, the folks in Thessalonika thought that they had been "left behind", which is the reason that the Apostle Paul wrote the second epistle to them. He assured them that they had not been left behind because, if that were the case, the "man of sin" (antichrist) would have already been revealed, which, of course, he had not - and so far, has not been revealed.

• I'm not really sure. I used to believe it when I was an Evangelical, but I'm not sure if it's an Evangelical teaching or not.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Jesus started one true religion .  This religion and the Bible does not teach the rapture.

The word rapture is not in the Bible.

• Ralph
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The fact of the matter: Yes: They do if they are a true believer of God, only God chosen, they will  believe in God holy word the bible it is called, being caught up to God, that is what the rapture is read 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Source(s): King James holy bible
  • 4 weeks ago

God's written word, the Holy Bible teaches it.

• 4 weeks ago

Baptist is one and many "non-denominational." 

• 4 weeks ago

IT IS IN THE BIBLE....TRY THESE VERSES

REV 11:12

LUKE 21:36

1 COR 15:52

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

The Methodist one I think.

Just going by that fire woman on here. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.