What's the point of Catholicism exactly?

It basically relies heavenly upon the traditions of men, relies upon institutions they claim are necessary that Jesus never created like the papacy, they call priests their father and so forth

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The point is that Jesus started a Church, and did not write a Bible. And that Church is the Catholic Church. The traditions are not man-made, they were given to the Church from Jesus and are developed through the Holy Spirit. 

For instance, Jesus told Peter that he will build his Church on him. He told Peter and the apostles that whatever they bind on Earth will be bound in Heaven. And whatever they loose on Earth it will be loosed in Heaven. That is proof of Jesus giving teaching authority to the Church and naming Peter the rock of that Church (a pope).

As for calling priests "father," it's something the early Christians did. We know this because Paul called himself "father." The confusion people have in this matter is that they don't know that Jesus was specifically addressing the hypocrisy of the scribes and the Pharisees. Jesus was chastising the appropriation of importance to oneself.

He didn't mean that you can't call your father "father," or that there can't be spiritual fathers like priests. Why would Jesus use the word in the parable of Lazarus, the rich man, when he cries out from the depths of Hell, “Father Abraham, have pity on me?" Why did he use it in the parable of the prodigal son? Why does Paul call himself "father?" This is just ignorance.

• 4 weeks ago

The purpose of any human institution is the purpose of any living thing. To not die and to reproduce.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The whole point of Catholicism is to bring the fullness of God's truth to the world until the end of time, just as its founder, Jesus Christ, Almighty God in the flesh, commanded its first leaders to do. If you read the Bible you would know that Jesus promised the leaders of that one Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". You would know that Jesus prayed "Father that they all may be one, even as I and My heavenly Father are one". He emphasized unity because conflicting beliefs necessarily mean false beliefs. Truth cannot conflict with truth. Which is why that one Church has consistently taught the fullness of His truth for 2,000 years, while those who have defected from His Church have fragmented into more than 6,000 conflicting denominations teaching thousands of conflicting and therefore false beliefs in just a few hundred years. You just can't beat God's plan.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Satan has hidden the truth in many false religions.  They have made up rules to gain converts they accept 

pagan teachings and even preach young men into endless wars.  So we should not be suprised knowing who  

is behind such conduct.  If you want to learn the truth from the bible go here.  www.jw.org

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The fakt is: It is a false religion !

• 4 weeks ago

To teach mankind how to "deny the power of God" (II Timothy 3:5) when Jesus baptizes us (John 1:33) with the "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5) but catholics have taught men to baptize themselves taking away God's job.

Likewise teaching mankind to "commune" with God in a man made holy eucharist when "Jesus is the bread and water" (John 6:35) and Jesus is Spiritual (II Corinthians 5:16; John 4:24; 14:18; 26) while our "examples" (I Corinthians 10:11) "Ate Spiritual meat and drank Spiritual drink" (I Corinthians 10:3-4)!

Teaching mankind to adhere to their trinity when God said "DIVERSITIES of operations but One God" (I Corinthians 12:6) and "NONE can stay His hand" (Daniel 4:35) but their lying trinity try to stay His hand at just "3."

So what is the point of Catholicism exactly?

To send you to HELL in "UNBELIEF" (Revelation 21:8) believing (((THE OPPOSITE))) of what GOD SAID as ANTICHRIST! 

Source(s): THUS SAITH THE LORD! CATHOLIC DOCTRINE! LET MY PEOPLE GO!
  • 4 weeks ago

the point is that they still worship God and they still remember that Christ expects us to obey him, keep his commandments, and do good works.  That's more than a lot of other Christian churches can do.

• What is the point of Christianity, exactly? It suggests that God is unable to forgive unless he sacrifices himself to himself.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Jesus personally identified ancient Rome as the seat (central government) of Satan, and the Roman assembly as his synagogue in competition with God for the souls of mankind. And of course, Jesus is the Judge of all things. 

• Bort
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Humans are naturally compelled to form groups with peers who share the same...something; a belief, way of thinking, etc. That is what all Churches are, basically. And that is the truth if you really think about it as well as it being the reason there are so many different churches and types of religions. 

Churches, especially in Christian religions, are also run like and as a business. That's why they have a hierarchy. When people form groups they eventually come to having ranks within those groups. A group needs leaders, a person to organize things, a person to speak and/or give lectures when they meet...all groups whether it's a Church, a Club, a gang, military, sports team, a team in a department at the workplace have a hierarchy in some way or another. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.