Scott
Scott asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Does this COVID-19 math work out?

Every day we’re getting about 60,000 new cases nationwide and according to the University of Washington, 1.3% of people who get the virus will eventually die.

Does that mean our daily death toll will be 780? Or is the death rate going to be much lower because more younger people are being diagnosed?

The death toll is going to be higher then that it will be close to 2000 a day according to scientists the president and deputy chief seem to think they can waive some sort of feather and it will dissappear dr faucci predicts soon over 100 thoundsand cases a day will appear

Source(s): 7 percent of all cases which have an outcome worldwide are fatal and even if its not fatal you can pass it on by accident or suffer long term lung damage

No and no.  The daily death toll will be much higher, because the number of new cases is not staying at 780.  It is going up, and will continue to go up until we reclose or more of us wear masks.

U.S. Covid-19 Cases & Deaths

Updated: July 10, 2020

Total Cases: 3,106,931

Total Deaths: 132,855

Percent: 4.3%

New Cases: 59,260

New Deaths: 799

Percent: 1.3%

NOTE: Those counted as "new deaths" are NOT necessarily

only amoung those counted as "new cases."

You don’t want to get it at all. Those with mild symptoms are getting long term damage in the body. You may as well to change your insurance policy to lifetime.

• Sally

It is estimated that 200k people will be dead by September.  Will you be one of them?

• the death rate will be lower because nursing homes are now being protected. Almost 50% of all Covid19 deaths have come from Nursing homes who were forced to take Covid19 patients by Democart Governors

• y

Death rates are dropping due to age, care, catching it earlier, among other things.

The death rate is getting lower because young people are getting it more. There was also an Italian Dr. who believes the strain is becoming weaker as well. Just some google searches on that and you'd find some interesting stuff on the Italian Dr. I think it's a mix of the two. 

I'm not an expert, but I bet at least half of Americans have already gotten COVID without even knowing it. I know for myself I had a pretty nasty cold back in January. As someone who doesn't get sick often, I'm starting to think it was COVID. 

Something else to think about is apparently in my state (Arizona) a lot of the positive tests are anti body tests that are being mixed in with the positive case numbers. 

Just my two cents. But I don't know why anyone would want 2 cents. lol

No. They are wrong.

It is not true that 1.3% of people who get the virus will eventually die.

100% of people who get the virus will eventually die.  Everybody dies.

The death rate "due to" covid-19 across the entire population will end up being less than 0.1%.  The vast majority of "confirmed cases" have been among people who got tested because the sought medical care after having severe symptoms.  But most people have only minor symptoms or no symptoms whatsoever and are never in any danger.