Just got an email from yahoo saying that I have to update my account by July 15, 2020. Is this a hack?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Sharon
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favourite answer

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

• 4 months ago

how come did not get one? perhaps you got scam email .some trying to get you

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

crackers love cheese

• 5 months ago

The answer is a definite yes. Scam messages that request you to "upgrade" your email account must be ignored and deleted immediately. Never click on the attachment in the message of you'll risk unleashing malware on your computer or mobile device. Remember Yahoo would never send you unsolicited emails asking for your personal information.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

l got the same today and l going to delete it

• SOT3
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

It is a scam. If you look at the details of the header, it is not from Yahoo at all.

• 5 months ago

SCAM...I've been getting similar for months now.  Make it as spam and for heavens sake don't click on anything in that email.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.