Alex asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Isn't there anything good about life?

I hate is alive. I am a coward to commit suicide. This life has nothing good.

No, all life gives is stress and problems.

of course not ✨

Would it help you at all to know that what we tend to call "life" is actually an illusion, metaphysically speaking?  During my large (six kids) family's weekly no-holds-barred debates, my electronics-genius career military dad would play around with quantum physics theories or some other bit of wisdom, such as "There is no such thing as 'pull'---everything we have named pull is actually a PUSH" at which point the debate would begin. About age 8, I realized he was correct when I could visualize my hand on a wagon handle propelling the wagon forward, and it was the fingers PUSHING on the handle that gave the momentum.  Ever the oppositional child who rather enjoyed questioning authority, I asked, "How about magnetic pull?" to which my dad replied, "I'll have to get back to you on that"---and we moved on.  

Pop said that "Everything is energy" and went on to explain that the physical or materialized world is not real, but is instead the lowest frequency, slowest moving vibratory field within an UNSEEN and OMNIPOTENT all.  Even at a very young age, I realized he was correct, in part because my faith choice of metaphysics (Unity Church, with its midwestern headquarters in Kansas City/Lee's Summit, Missouri) said basically the same thing: "There is only One Power, One Presence in my life and in the universe, God the Good, Omnipotent."  Pop simply gave words to what I believed to be true, and a later "Star Trek" TV episode drove the idea home.  Spock, of superior intellect, suddenly blooped off the bridge of the Enterprise, so the crew spend the next hour of the episode trying to figure out where the heck Spock was.  Turns out he had never actually left the bridge---he had simply evolved to a higher frequency (sort of a dog whistle principle) and could not be seen or heard by "mere mortals" (the crew).  He could see all of them, and they seemed to be moving in very slow motion, but the new Spock norm was a supersonic speed not perceived by the lower frequency others.  Get the idea?

My suggestion would be to harness your emotions and channel them to a higher order of existence---like acting, or playwriting.  Start by keeping a private journal, but I also recommend you get a copy of a cathartic mind exercise book, "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron and try some of the writing exercises designed to peel off the learned layers of "you" in order to transcend earth-acquired attitudes and uncover the pure creative you that lies beneath.  My beatific grandmother "Mom" taught me and my siblings to "count your blessings" whenever we griped or slipped into a "woe is me" attitude (she called that "swimming in the pity pool").  Your angst just might be unexpressed or repressed talents, Alex.

• Ann

You need to find something good about it. For me, it's my son who is the most magnificent human being I've ever known. From there I can see good things. You need to find things you like to do and people who support you. Get rid of those who put you down--I had to get rid of my family who have always put me down--and find good friends. I also suggest you see someone about your feelings. There are drugs out there that could help. I, too, was too cowardly to commit suicide but I also knew that it would hurt other people. It can get better! See a doctor first while finding your passions. 

• (A)

There are good things in self help CDs by Bob Griswold on most of your conditions.You can hear some on YouTube.

theres many things good about life its just it seems like there isnt 

even so 

many people who went to commint sucide but luckily survived say that as soon as they jumped/stabbed/ or harmed themself, they regreted it

Probably the best thing about life is the ability to experience as well as choose your own way in life.

• KTJoe

Life has nothing good than look to God, say a prayer in your own words..than call (nine one one).

Life is our chance to fulfill our reason for being here and that is to be like our Creator: good that does good.  The system of nature follows strict rules of good. We don't see it as good because we judge through our ideas of good and bad. 

If we can just stop doing to others what we hate, we will be following nature's idea of good. If we can do that, we will have good neighbours locally and internationally.

• Isabel

Please call your suicide hotline immediatly.  I promise, that feeling is temporary.  It may not feel like it is, but it is.  Talk to a doctor.  It really does help.