Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 4 months ago

can i buy my minor friend a plane ticket?

i am 18 and my friend is still only 16, she moved to a new place with her family awhile ago and our friends havent seen her since forever, this summer i would like to purchase her plane tickets back home to see our friends!! 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Can you pay for the ticket? YES

Can a CHILD board without an Adult at check in? NO

An Adult must be part of the check in process.  It does not matter to the Airline whose wallet the fare comes from.

• 4 months ago

She's legally a child; she can't travel without her parents permission. Don't buy her tickets unless they've agreed; you could get in trouble otherwise. 

• 4 months ago

Any adult can buy an air ticket for anybody, but the real question is, will she be allowed to travel? Will her parents give consent? Why don't they buy her a ticket instead?

• 4 months ago

Not enough information. Are you talking about international travel? She would need her parents' consent. If she's traveling within one country, it might be possible. 16 year olds are not required to travel as unaccompanied minors. Ask the airline you're going to book the ticket on. If she leaves without her parents' consent, they can call the police and have her tracked down, you know. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Given the Covid 19 pandemic, such travel is a very BAD idea.

• 4 months ago

Yes, but do not do this without her parent's permission.  You must make sure that they agree to this and are happy where she is staying.  At 16, she is allowed to fly alone, but I am sure her parents will want to make sure that she is collected by a responsible adult at the other end and is staying somewhere safe.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.