Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 3 weeks ago

What specifically did Trevor McDonald do to get knighted?

Update:

apart from smile and read the news

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

People  think he has some kinda gravitas like Dave "the hush-voiced legend" Attenbrough. 

Plus, it looks a bit sheit if they can't reach the diversity quota. 

It never seems to bother the prison system though.

• F
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Reading the news. I mastered reading by about the age of 8 but for some reason, reading the news is regarded as a skill worthy of up to £1m a year and a knighthood . 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

What did he do?

The same as Alistair Burnett...and Robin Day

But let's not discuss Christine Keeler's affair with John Profumo which went on at a time when she was also having sex with Yevgeny Ivanov - 12 years after that tickling session, the Queen awarded Profumo the CBE.

All white on the night.

• 3 weeks ago

He was black, that helped.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Probably  to  stop  BLM smashing  statues  up  and screaming  slavery  all the time

• 3 weeks ago

Made a large donation to whichever political party was in power at the time. My local MP was knighted and he doesn't do anything. Not many people around here know who he is.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

About the same as Sir Alistair Burnett. 

Read the news, but in McDonald's case stayed upright while doing it.

• 3 weeks ago

He got his Knighthood for 'services to journalism'.  As far as I can see when I searched.

• 3 weeks ago

Markle's ex? He survived and is an example for Harry. Hopefully, Harry will get that tacky redesigned micro pave ring back in the mail and then marry a decent woman, too.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.