Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

How to survive school lunch time, I have no friends?

And people dont want me to be near them 

Skip lunch and when you get home have a big dinner. I never ate the whole time I was in high school. I'd have breakfast, then when I'd get home around 4-5pm and have my main meal. Then about 8 I'd have either a sandwich or some toast or some noodles or something. You're still getting all the nutrition you need you'll having a different eating schedule.  I'd go to the library at lunch and we weren't allowed to bring food. If we were though I would have brought a sandwich, being hungry at school all day was a pain but I you get used to it.

It's awkward and uncomfortable, but you've got to eat.

Is there a place you can eat other than the lunch room or cafeteria? That's the go-to solution.

If there isn't, choose a spot where you're facing away from most of the room, if possible. Bring something to do so you're not just sitting there chewing and feeling weird and isolated. It can be as simple as a book to read for pleasure, drawing or writing something (that may be snatched away if there are bullies, so nothing that might embarrass you), homework, a small hand-held game or puzzle, like that.

One of our kids was in a similar social situation in high school. He read some great books over lunch. And in college, everything changed and he was included, not excluded, found people like himself, and has been basically a happy adult. So know that people get through it, okay?

You don't need them. Live alone and be strong.

🥴 

I used to be popular at my 1st high school. Knew the entire student body as we partially grew up together.

But when I moved to 2 different schools, I had to start from scratch too. So... I made minimal friends as it was a different scene and environment. We weren't into the same things. 

So.... I'd go hang out in the computer lab or library watching movies with what little friends I did have.

Point being, occupy yourself elsewhere.

How about praying to GOD for this answer you need?  For GOD sure knows more than any of us.