Why did they ask me my availability if they weren't going to move forward?

A prospective employer asked me my availability for an interview. I told them. I then heard nothing for 16 days, when they out of nowhere said that I was not the right fit for the job. I messaged them a few times over the 16 days, and each went unanswered. Why did they even bother asking me?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It’s a pretty standard question, either on a job application or in an interview.  In fact, availability often helps determine whether someone will be a “good fit” for a job.

• 1 month ago

The didn't know yet.  They figured it out after you told them your availability.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why ask why? Just face the fact that you are unemployable.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Perfectly normal. Someone ahead of you in the list for interviews got the job. 

You were considered. That's actually great. It means you have a shot somewhere. Persevere. Your day will come.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Since you couldn't even manage to post this question in the appropriate category the first time (law & ethics) then my guess  is that they probably detected some level of basic carelessness or incompetence in your demeanor. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.