Why does English, Scottish & American food increases the risk of heart diseases?

American regional dishes do not

Food from these countries isn't inherently bad for you; but a combination of excesses of the less good foods available in Western countries, and low exercise lifestyles, is more to blame.

• Alpha

Any kinds of food has the potential to increase the risk of heart diseases if coupled with an unhealthy lifestyle. It may surprise you to know that the rate of heart diseases in countries other than the 3 you listed are even higher. If you don't believe me maybe you'll believe these sources:

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/313080/deaths-...

Heart diseases does not solely come from foods we eat although over eating certainly contributes a large part to it. While the rates of heart disease in the UK and US are not small, the largest causes is not the food but the choice of foods people make. The UK and US are very prosperous countries where the price of foods are relatively lower compared to other countries. But instead of choosing the healthy foods, many people eat what they want without care to the consequences. A large part of this is due to changing lifestyles and the proof is from a conversation I had with a retired US medical professor I once knew who stated that when he was in medical school in the 1950's, none of the cadavers they dissected had signs of heart diseases. In fact, heart diseases was something so rare the medical students could only read about it in their text books. 20 years later in the 1970's, every single cadaver they get for medical school all have signs of heart disease.  Did the foods changed? Not really. The biggest change was in the lifestyle in the US. And even more so today in 2020. For example. when I was in elementary school in the 1960's, it took me nearly about 45 minutes to walk to school from home. I was not the only one and some of my schoolmates lived even farther from school. When was the last time you saw much less heard of any elementary school student these days doing that? 

You can eat all the healthy foods you want, but if you smoke, do drugs, don't exercise and spend hours everyday hunched over a computer, it's not going to do you any good.

• denise

Its very rich in all the unhealthy but tasty elements.

• kswck2

They really don't. It is more in HOW it is prepared-fried, deep fried, etc.-and the Amounts of each portion. 

This is your Singles and Dating Question???

Seriously????

cause of what people are putting into the foods