can i renewal my driver license in the usa embassy ?

• 2 days ago

US driver licenses are not the concern of US Embassies nor Consulates.  You have to send your present US state license to the Department of Motor Vehicles of the issuing state. Better yet, contact the issuing state's DMV main office located in the capitol city of that state.  They will send you details.

No; the US embassy doesn't manage driving licenses. 

• W

If you are living abroad, you are required to get a local one. If you change states, there is a time limit to get a local driver's license. 

• RICK

NOPE............

NO.............

Driver licenses are issued by states, not the federal government. You may be in the situation where you can renew your DL by mail. But if it requires a trip to the DMV you'd need to be in the state of your residency to do that. 

• Maxi

No...................

No.   You have to renew your DL via the state government which issued it.  

My state (Louisiana) says a DL stays valid if the driver is outside the USA when it expires. If your state does that then go to the state website and print the section which says it. 

• Greg

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure you have to go to the DMV for that