Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

How do you turn down nosey questions? ?

How do you respond to a nosey person asking you invasive questions? I tend to encounter a lot of nosey ppl these days. 

Tell them to mind their own business. 

Don't answer it and instead ask them a question back.

I simply say "I not comfortable answering that question". You might feel uncomfortable saying this at first, but you need to set boundaries. No one like invasive questions, so the person questioning you should not be surprised by this response. 

• Tj

When they ask a question, reply with: Why do you want to know?  It will set them back when you say that. Use that time to walk away from them. If they are stupid enough to ask again tell them its none of their business. they have crossed the line.

I ask them "Why on earth would you need that information?"

Or, "That's pretty personal!" with a little laugh, and then change the subject. 

you are being the very thing you are asking about. you don't know me.

“I’d rather not say.”

In the words of the very proper Miss Manners the correct response is "Why do you ask?"

😄

Have fun with them and perfect the art of sarcasm.

Like.... if they ask you if you're married and have kids?

Say no I'm pro abortion and global sterilization and gay.

🥴🍹 Just to fvck with them. 

Then make up another funny story for the next nosetta stone who asks.

Eventually, they'll realize they were the butt of your jokes, when they convene to gossip behind your back. 😎