bruv asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Am I bastard or accident?

I don’t bother asking my parents because they would never tell the truth anyway so it doesn’t matter. First off my parents are not married and had me at 20 and 23. They had all of my siblings 10 years later.

• alan P

Maybe your parents didn't intend to conceive you but they have not rejected you and have still brought you up.  A lot of children are unintended but that doesn't mean they are unwelcome or unloved.  Historically the word bastard was used to describe someone whose parents were not married but its not appropriate to use the word like that today.  Its not normal these days to look down on people for having parents who are not married.

When 2 consenting adults get together, they know what could happen so there are no such things as accidents.  You were probably a surprise and everyone loves surprises.  I am sure you were and still are their best, first surprise.

• Prince

It could not possibly matter less. God made you, no matter how humans were involved. You have got a life so live it. Make the most of it. You can change your name legally, change how you act and dress, change your accent and even your language if you want to. You could move anywhere in the world and do anything. You're only responsible to God and you only belong to God. You'd be extremely surprised to learn how many rich successful people started out poor bastards with a different name and made their lives and changed their names and back stories. Make yourself a prince or princess and get Rich. 

• Ann

People who are the children of unmarried parents are considered illegitimate, or bastard children. 

• Tj

You are a bastard, including your siblings.

neither, god dont make accidents or bastards

• Isabel

You could ask your parents if you were a surprise.  But labels don’t matter, as long as there’s love!

It what regards? I mean, I guess in the classical sense of bastard meaning born to unwed parents... but that's an antiquated term. Does it really matter? Sure your parents were young, they weren't and aren't married (but after seven years together I believe the government would consider them in a common-law marriage). Perhaps they weren't planning on having children when you were born, it doesn't change how they feel about you. Or, they did plan to have you and it just worked out that your siblings are more than a couple years younger. 

It literally doesn't matter.. Almost 40% of people are accidents.

Born out of wedlock = bastard. Accident? Maybe, maybe not. Lots of unmarried couples plan to have a kid, others get pregnant and deal with it. But does it really matter? Doesn't it matter more how they raised you, if they love you, and the support they gave you?