Do you believe in an Afterlife? If so, why?

Do you believe in a sort of Afterlife? It is so hard for me to imagine one, its almost like trying to remember what life before birth was like, my mind cannot wrap around it since it is such a big topic. I am not shaming anybody's beliefs/religion at all, I'm just genuinely curious what do you think happens to us after death? 

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun. Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.”

Genesis 3:19

In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”Acts 24:15

And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

• Dejair

The stagnation ( beliefs and taboos ) is against life .

Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell.

.

Believing in the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Archer

First of all 'life' is not as we thought it could be as we have found life we once believed could not exist right here on earth. Life is tenacious and will exist when ever a 'niche' is found. "We" are temporarily housed in this form to exist in 'this' world but 'we' are energy, life force, which can take many forms. Existence after the death of this body is not based in religion but in hearts and minds of man.

• Juli

You can make up your own version, like everyone else does.

No.  I grew up and realized it's all made-up myths and fables that people believe because they fear death.

Only for Christians. Actually Christians never die. Christ paid the penalty of death for our sins so that we no longer have to die.

John 3:36 KJV — He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 8:51 KJV — Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

John 11:26 KJV — And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Romans 6:23 KJV — For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

• Bill

it is a no brainer as we have been shown what happens after death. But if you do not have enough intelligence to comprehend when you have been shown and told , then live your life in darkness

I personally don't believe in an afterlife.

Especially the Heaven Hell dichotomy. 

Reincarnation into another human body would be fine 

As would a reintegration into the cosmic now.

But those are long shots and not something I expect. 

several things are possible..but the 2 i lean towards...is nothing...which is firghtening..or possible reincarnation because its the most fair form of an afterlife I could imagine.  How could an old man and a baby's afterlife both be fair and equal....the old man knowing lots about the world and the baby knowing nothing...well if you get everything you wanted in heaven then that would be very unequal for the baby wouldnt it?