Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Why do we as men often do this?

I'm not saying all men, but why do we feel a desire to help "fallen" women? Women who are in a bad way, who are perhaps damaged; which everyone is in one form or another, and we take pity on them and truly want to help them?

Now if you have experience in this area, I am sure you will agree that oftentimes these women are experiencing the results of their choices, and that is why they're in the spot they're in. And that when you do try to be decent man and help them, because maybe you actually have feelings for them, it does not turn out well for you.

So, why do we do it? What is it about us as men that desire to console, and protect women? Why do they stir that in us? Is something that God put into us? 

(Yes I believe in God, and I do not care what anyone else might think.)

Crazy chicks are the best in bed

I don't think such actions are limited to just men, plenty of women help "fallen" men as well.

If anything it's a personality trait NOT limited to gender.

NOBODY IS FALLING FOR THIS AND TRY DATING...TIRH not games..

The term "fallen woman" is an old-timey term that refers to a woman who has given away her virginity before marriage, as evidenced either by reputed promiscuity or pregnancy.

What you describe isn't what "we as men" do but is what "you as old men" do. It's a form of good ole boy misogyny. It's you as a card-carrying member of the Patriarchy swooping in and trying to control a woman you deem to be such in order to deign her with what you deem to be your gracious beneficence but is really your patriarchal patronizing, for if she dares refuse, the immediate reaction is insolence and slut-shaming and "How dare you?!"

So why do you do it? Because you see it as a way to get something from her you want. Because you want to control her. Because you want to own her. Because you want her to feel such gratitude that she is forever indebted to you.

"Fallen woman"-- oh please.

• Gelo

I can't say I have ever felt this way.

I suspect D-Girl is on to something there.  Check the downstairs and see where it's pointing.

• D-Girl

Is said "fallen" woman also young and pretty?

• y

Biological protective response which at one time, was our role in things.

I once gave a Meth Head Girl a snack cake, a pack of crackers and a coke...does that count?

I have helped men and women.  I've never singled out helping someone just because they were a woman.  All lives matter.

• It's an ego thing. If I can help this poor, lost, wayward woman to get back on her feet, then I am a Good Person™.