Scott
Scott asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Why are some elderly conservatives freaked out about having to wear face masks?

I see comments on social media that “masks are for slaves,” 

they offer absolutely no protection to others, it’s “involuntary servitude,” they are for “little shi*ts,” and if we comply, the next step is mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations in 2021.  

If I had to wear a face mask all day long, it would be a huge pain in the neck. But wearing a mask for 10 or 15 minutes while I run into Walmart doesn’t seem like a huge sacrifice to make for my fellow citizens.  Perhaps I lead a sheltered life because in my office, I am free to take the mask off. And shut the door.  But the young guys who work at discount tire have to wear them for eight hours a day.

Everyone should be forced to wear one it greatly slows the spread of the corona virus tremendous question

CDC, OSHA and the medical community says a mask does no good as it will not stop a virus.  Chinese do because there's more than a virus in the air.  It's all political.

Reminds me of Jim Jones and his following. It’s really unbelievable in the sense that they think the science is fake, or their freedoms are being taken away, so what we see is mind control but not for long because many will die or those they associate with. It’s really quite evil to know you can control people’s minds like that even to the point of making them martyrs for your cause. They are simply pawns and he could not possibly care if they sacrifice their life for him.   

I cannot believe people can be so irresponsible +ignorant but they are.   

* Wearing a mask Slows Down the spread of the disease, it is only a part of that process. Wearing protective glasses and washing your hands before you touch your face is important too. Thousands would be alive today if only these things had been in place regardless of underlying health problems. Even though I am in healthcare, if one would just use common sense, the long term ramifications and short term ..could be avoided. Sometimes you do not have to wait for someone to tell you how to survive. You can look at history and learn. But you don’t gamble with your own life, just because no one makes you do it.

It's amazing how spoiled modern people have become. Kind of makes you want to resurrect people who actually experienced slavery and involuntary servitude and let those people set them straight.

So many people do have to wear them all day long every day. People who are crying and moaning about wearing it for a trip to the store or whatever need to grow up.

Stupidity and ignorance.

why do you even care? BYOB 

• Troy

It isnt healthy to wear the for eight hours of heavy labor in warm or even hot conditions. I, like you, am lucky and wear the mask for certain short periods of time. But if I were 68 and working in a warehouse I would probably refuse regardless of my political persuasion, just for safety reasons.

Conservative America has a paranoid streak; but I'll be darned if I know why. Good on you for your positive and unselfish attitude, though! You're TRULY helping to 'MAGA' :)

They think it is anti-Trump to be wearing a face mask, anti-Trump to shelter in place and anti-Trump to not re-open schools and universities.

They're hard to breathe in. Elderly liberals say the same thing.

Young liberals refused to stay home and went and protested and rioted