I got a dehumidifier that calls for a hose of this size: ID≥∅5/16" with a female threaded end ID:M=1". What exactly does this mean?

This is a keystone dehumidifier KSTAD504D and these components allow for constant gravity drainage of the unit.

The ID≥∅5/16 is a male ended garden hose other end goes down a drain so the end does not matter.

with a female threaded end ID:M=1"

is a plastic flanged tube the flange has two screwholes where self taping screws can attach the tube to the dehumidifier securely.  The exterior side of the flange has a female garden hose connector to connect to the garden hose above for drainage.

Does anyone know where to buy the female threaded end ID:M=1" otherwise defined as a flanged tube interior part around 1-2 " long exterior side of the flange having a female garden hose thread.

5 Answers

  • 3 weeks ago

    That is nothing more than the technical specification of a standard garden hose connector.

  • Droopy
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

    From what it shows in the manual. Id think that should have been included with it.  If you don't have it you'll probably have to order that part.  Or make one.

  • 3 weeks ago

    standard measurement for pipe and hose is inside diameter.  5/16 is the minimum size that the maker says will work ... [that's pretty small as hose goes] ... anything larger than that 'should' work fine.  as to the female threaded end required, 1 inch is the standard garden hose size.  So, what you do is borrow your garden hose and see if it will fit.  If yes, you know what you're looking for.  if it seems like it should fit, but doesn't screw on properly, it is likely because the dehumidifier has pipe threads, which are finer [more ridges per linear inch] than the threads on a hose.  if that's the case, your hardware store guy will sell you an adapter that will bridge the two.  If, for some reason, you need something other than a garden hose, a female 'hose repair' end from the hardware will let you connect it to virtually any proper size tubing ... they come in several sizes [measured as inside diameter of the tubing].

    Source(s): Grampa
  • Kenny
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

    A regular water hose should work if I understand the question .

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

    Hose ends are a standard size. If you  buy or have one it has both a male end and a female end. The female end is what you would attach to the spigot (called a  hose bibb) 

     and the male end is the end that you would attach a sprayer or other device to. If you need a female end to attach to the dehumidifier you can either use a garden hose or buy an adapter that is a female adapter with a barbed end to which you can attach a length of the appropriate diameter of vinyl tubing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.