Rosie
Rosie asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

I’m so embarrassed, am i overthinking?

I had a doctors appointment today and they had to take a vagina swab which i didn’t know so i didn’t shave for one plus I’m on my period, then when i got on the table the tissue they put on kept ripping and when i was getting dressed after all of the things fell on the floor (speculum, swab packaging) because i accidentally knocked it off. Then i had to give the swabs to the receptionist and he asked what it was and i had to say vaginal infront of everyone :(

A. The whole shaving thing is new, and most women don't. 

B. There's no reason to be embarrassed because of your period.

C. The receptionist should not have asked that in front of everyone. Most gynocologists have better procedures than that. However, everyone in that office was there to see the doctor. Still, it wouldn't hurt to register a complaint about that. Maybe the receptionist is new and not well trained. 

Not everyone shaves, you don't need to be embarrassed

Don’t worry about it. Doctors are there to help not judge :)

I saw your reply saying you’re having irregular bleeding, do you have any pain at all? It could be pcos i have the same thing. Also no not embarrassing at all most gynos actually prefer if you leave the hair as it’s more hygienic 

Girl it’s not embarrassing at all! We all have hair down there and I’m sure she didn’t even notice, what were the swabs for? Sometimes it’s actually better if you’re on your period because it can give more accurate results