the asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 month ago

What is a good kind of experience restaurant?

I’ve done Korean BBQ and Tepanyaki, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a type of restaurant that was different or fun. Pls no specific restaurants, just types. Thanks

Are there dinner theaters anymore?

Well, there are some pizza chains that will feed your family for $5.00 per person, and that is a memorable experience, but not a good one. Those medieval stadium eateries where there is no tableware and you can watch knights jousting (kind of) comes to mind, but I'm not sure that's good either. The restaurant I remember most fondly was a quiet place in Leon, where I ordered a steak, a potato and green beans, with a tureen to start and creme brulee. It was memorable because every bite of every dish was absolutely perfect. After COVID, it's worth a ticket to France to experience that.

• denise

Tapas restaurants [Spanish], the selection of small dishes are tasty & interesting.

Some restaurants specialise in 'Taster' Menus, with 3 small starters and 2 small mains, these are popular to get a taste of a variety of dishes. 

Mystery Dinner Theaters where you can go and solve a mystery with your meal.

• kswck2

Rodizio. Try that

An all you can eat buffet restaurant near me where you pay so much and can have as many chinese courses as you like, I had chicken and noodle soup, spring roll, chow mien, chicken satay and ribs plus prawn crackers and rice I was so full but the experience was amazing 😉 

• A middle eastern place that offers giant meze platters.

Dim Sum (though coronavirus may have brought an end to that).

A grill your own steak place - not a lot of them, but they exist.

Wine tasting.

A restaurant that focuses on molecular gastronomy.

Any Oaxacan restaurant!

Ethiopian food is definitely an experience, but I’m not a fan of the food myself. 

Rooftop bars and restaurants.

Fondue/Raclette.

Chef's table (especially ones in the kitchen).

Omakase.

Dining in the dark (did any of these restaurants survive)?

Throwing in this article just for fun https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/craziest-restaur...

Note: coronavirus has probably affected a number of these, but someday they could come back??