Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

I'm nervous about working again where I've been bullied?

Last time I worked in a shop I was bullied a bit, by the people that worked there and the security guards. I was quite young and unsure of myself and never did my hair and makeup which didn't go down well with them, but I worked hard.

Now I'm a bit older and make more of an effort with my appearance but I still feel the same scared girl inside.

My friend works in a shop and is going to get me a job there, but I'm worried I ll be bullied again. 

I was nervous about a job once, just like you - so much so I couldn't sleep as the start date got closer. Then I realised, what are they going to do? Shoot you if it doesn't work out? I felt better after that. It turned out to be the best job I had ever had - and the people were really nice . . .  

Either you can ignore it,which is good.

or open your mouth and say enough is enough.

• Tavy

You can only be bullied if you want to. It is in you to stand up for yourself and give them a mouthful.

Time to grow up.

People should feel badly about the way they treat others.