Why didn't God think giving the ancient superstitious Jews evidence of his existence destroyed their free will, but it would if he?

showed himself to us today?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • User
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favourite answer

The whole

- God doesn't show himself or intervene because that would violate free will

excuse is a very poor one

one that comes from people

who haven't thought it through

and/or

who don't understand what "free will" means.

• 4 weeks ago

God gave the Jews irrefutable evidence of his existence in and through Jesus Christ, but they chose to reject that divine revelation.

• 4 weeks ago

Num 14:11 The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the signs I have performed among them?

Lk 16:31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Mk 16:20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

You'd think that miraculous signs from God would convince people to believe in him, but for many if not most, they don't work like that.  They do work to confirm that a prophet's words are from God (Ex 4:1-9).  However, once his words are confirmed, they are no longer needed (ref 1Cor 13:8-10).

• 4 weeks ago

When did the people see God, other than as a cloud far away

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

At the time the rabble of murderous adulterers needed to be shown the power of God to get them to cooperate.  These days, theoretically we know better.

• 4 weeks ago

Because He did "show Himself." We live in the latter days or the Age of Grace. All of the Old Testament covering 4000 years was preparation for the Messiah. It was God's plan from the beginning to separate the sheep from the goats; to save mankind Himself. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Jesus said, "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father." This isn't rocket science. You either believe this or you do not and that's the whole plan.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.