Curious asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

3 weeks ago, I started my weight loss journey. I am still exercising and dieting, but I think I'm gaining the weight back? ?

I'm on a calorie deficit of 1200 (or less), but I am eating really healthy. I'm also exercising (HIIT, and walking), but I think I'm starting to gain the weight back. Am I doing something wrong? I lost 5 kg in the first two weeks, and it's coming back. I see a difference in my body, but not on the scale. Please give any tips! Thank you!

Now I don't think I'm gaining the weight back, but instead I'm staying the same-ish. Is this called a plateau? What can I do to break it?

If in a calorie deficit, you are not gaining weight back  Not possible.  That said, you maybe building up a little muscle, which is denser than fat.  This is why you see the difference but it does not reflect on the scale.  

Which is why constantly looking at the scale is dumb.

Weight loss is 80% and it is a long journey.  There will be ups and downs.  It is normal for people to lose weight in the beginning and then level off.  If you are burning more than 1200 calories a day based on your BMR and activity, you are still in a calorie deficit and you will burn stored fat.  Just keep at it.  You can use a Ann like MyFitnessPal to track your food intake -- and weight and measure your portions (don't estimate or guess).  

You're probably building muscle. You have to remember muscle weighs more than fat and the scale doesn't always show the changes that we can see.

Exercise, Walk 3 to 10 miles a day, you need nothing more. Get a pedometer.

Diet Plan #1Portion size is the key.Eat 25% less at meal time.Weigh in Once a Week. Too often will confuse you daily/hourly variations.Adjust the portion size accordingly.Drink Water.Eat no “Diet”, “fat free” unless it is naturally so.Diet plan #2Better to just eat meals four times a day, with SMALLER portions.Also, it is the Portion Size not what you eat.Example, cut a pizza* (supreme) into eighths, eat one eighth at each meal for two days, Drink Iced Water or unflavored Soda Water.Don't waste any money on Vitamins, or Supplements. They are not needed unless the Lab tests tell a doctor otherwise.*pizza contains the food pyramid. Dairy, Bread, Meat. Vegetables.Diet Plan #3Eat two banquet meals per day (1$US±).and anything you want for the third meal.PORTION Size is the key, not what you eat.Drink Iced Water/Soda Water.NO "Diet", "Fat Free", "Low fat" items (unless they are naturally so). If you do not eat fat regularly the body will attempt to store what little it does get.All the exercise you need is to WALK three to ten miles a day. Get a Pedometer to check on that. You may already be doing all you need.DO not suffer or strain yourself, it is self-defeating.I was on the cheap for meals, I did not intend to lose weight, I lost 30# in 90 days without hardly noticing.