What do you think of people who consider Raoul Moat a hero?

Is he a bit of a hero like Ned Kelly?  Will there eventuall be a film where he is a sort of anti-heo, possibly played by  a pop-star?

Why is it different to people who think the Krays are heroes?  Is the objection to hero worrshiping him because he was a Geordie?

I don't understand what they consider heroic about him or his actions, he murdered an innocent man and blinded a cop so I don't get it myself but I will say that I was extremely captivated by the whole case, I mean I would dash home from work to put on the news to see whether the manhunt was continuing or was finally over.

I remember being somewhat amazed that he was able to run for so long considering he was armed and dangerous but I would like to ask anyone who considers him a hero why that is.

• F

The same as I think about people who made George Floyd as hero .

Ah - Dianne...who thought police killer Kenny Noye was the dog's goolies; to steal a classic phrase from Good Morning Vietnam '...You don't know whether you've been shot, *ucked, powder-burned or snake-bit'.

Adolf Hitler is (now) a hero and the minds of many - his influence has been rising ever since the eighties.

WE ARE CONFUSED!

I'm a bit confused, Mr Deayton. This obsession is almost as comical as the admiration we had (and still have) for the Kray twins. 

If I hear someone tell me that the twins "...loved their mum" I'll go out of my mind. They weren't top notch criminal masterminds, but were thugs. They were violent and unpleasant, and they didn't give a second thought to whom they were affecting. And let's not be too sucked in by the myth that "...they looked after their own" - the various films of the decades since their imprisonment may have given many Britons the ultimate in 'pride', but God help and law-abiding Eastender who lived close to  the twins or their growing gang from the fifties onwards. Their need to be 'stars' helped to be their downfall.

As for Raoul Moat - he'd have been a 'Frank Mitchell' kind of 'geezer' with their lot sixty years ago.

The Krays at least had some redeeming features. When they weren't having people murdered and tortured or supplying boys for paedo parties they were endearing themselves to fellow Eastenders by paying for old ladies' teas at a greasy spoon and donating money to a boys boxing club. Raoul Moat was just a loser who killed a few people and blinded a copper who ultimately killed himself.

They are delusional. Anybody who hero worships a criminal needs help.

Mr Moat & his sympathizers are known as cnuts in our local dialect.

One word..........IDIOTS.