Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Isn’t it great that the Supreme Court ruled today that religious businesses don’t have to follow business laws?

Is your boss a JW? If so, now you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket if you need a blood transfusion. Your boss is a Catholic and your pregnancy goes bad and the doctors decide to abort the baby to save the life of the mother, kiss your insurance goodbye and prepare for an out-of-pocket bill. 

A law that tramples on someone's religion isn't Constitutional.Hope that helps.

Yes! It's fantastic that we live in a country where I don't have to work at one place. It's wonderful that I live in a country in which I can more easily own my own company, and not have to compromise my conscience. It's great that there are jobs out there with insurance benefits even though they aren't required to have any. Yes, it's a little difficult when some insurance plans don't cover everything we want (I wish mine had more dental coverage, and covered more of my son's needs), but those are the breaks.

And, BTW, no doctor decides to abort a baby to save a mother's life. With modern medicine doctors attempt to save both lives, and if the baby dies in the process it is not abortion.

• Nous

Simply cannot be true since the Supreme court must uphold the constitution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The U.S. Constitution is a secular document. It begins, "We the people," and contains no mention of "God" or "Christianity." Its only references to religion are exclusionary, such as, "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust" (Art. VI), and "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" (First Amendment). The presidential oath of office, the only oath detailed in the Constitution, does not contain the phrase "so help me God" or any requirement to swear on a bible (Art. II, Sec. 1, Clause 8).

• User

I'm pretty sure that's not what they ruled.

BUT...correct me if I'm wrong. Please link an article.

Those are not business laws, they are secularist laws

That should keep the courts busy for awhile.

The court should follow the Constitution, not fundamentalist religion.

If we passed national healthcare this wouldn't be an issue.