Is mathematics helpful?

I stop school very very early on in my life. I am servían an mother took sick So have To work from early age. Uncle Vava hate hate mathematics, say it’s useles in life. I can count but I mean algebra also formulas , I heve iPhone calculator if you know what I mea 

• RR

Hmmm. Yes. But maybe you should start posting in the Jokes & Riddles category.

No,not in the least.  Use a calculator.

• david

Part of the answer must take into account your life and the possible jobs that you want to have available.

==  I have a college degree in math ED.  When I grad. there were few jobs, so I applied to get into the Navy's nuclear power program.  They flew about 50 of us to DC for interviews.  The 1st 2 hours were not an interview but a Math test and a Physics test. We had not been told about the tests so I screwed up a couple of math problems.  They were giving me an exit interview (sorry but we don't want you) and the interviewer asked why I missed the question.  I had been thinking about it so I explained how to do it.  Then he asked about another .. and because I had been thinking about the test, I told him the answer for that one also. Then a couple of physics problems ..  So he changed his mind and accepted me for the job.

= = = With no math I would have never become an officer in the Navy in that program. - - -Math is NEEDED for some jobs. 

If you buy something for $4.12, and pay with a $10 bill, how much change should you get? How long will take to drive 120 km at 60 km per hour? If five friends eat at a restaurant, and the bill is $126, how do they divide it up?

If your swimming pool is 10 meters long by 5 meters wide by 1.5 meters deep, how many liters will it take to fill it?

mathematics is in everything. the curvature of stone, the amount of time it takes to get from point a to point b if going a specific speed, probability, etc.