Is mathematics helpful?

I stop school very very early on in my life. I am servían an mother took sick So have To work from early age. Uncle Vava hate hate mathematics, say it’s useles in life. I can count but I mean algebra also formulas , I heve iPhone calculator if you know what I mea 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • RR
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Hmmm. Yes. But maybe you should start posting in the Jokes & Riddles category.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No,not in the least.  Use a calculator.

• david
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Part of the answer must take into account your life and the possible jobs that you want to have available.

==  I have a college degree in math ED.  When I grad. there were few jobs, so I applied to get into the Navy's nuclear power program.  They flew about 50 of us to DC for interviews.  The 1st 2 hours were not an interview but a Math test and a Physics test. We had not been told about the tests so I screwed up a couple of math problems.  They were giving me an exit interview (sorry but we don't want you) and the interviewer asked why I missed the question.  I had been thinking about it so I explained how to do it.  Then he asked about another .. and because I had been thinking about the test, I told him the answer for that one also. Then a couple of physics problems ..  So he changed his mind and accepted me for the job.

= = = With no math I would have never become an officer in the Navy in that program. - - -Math is NEEDED for some jobs. 

• 1 month ago

If you buy something for $4.12, and pay with a $10 bill, how much change should you get? How long will take to drive 120 km at 60 km per hour? If five friends eat at a restaurant, and the bill is $126, how do they divide it up?

If your swimming pool is 10 meters long by 5 meters wide by 1.5 meters deep, how many liters will it take to fill it?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

mathematics is in everything. the curvature of stone, the amount of time it takes to get from point a to point b if going a specific speed, probability, etc.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.