Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 4 weeks ago

Who's been a better goalkeeper for Manchester United Peter Schmeichel, Van Der Sar or David De Gea?

rating in order of who i think was the best of the lot:

1. Peter Schmeichel ( defo on the GOAT goalkeepers in the history of the game)

2. Van Der Sar (world class but would he make it into the top 10 goat gks ??)

3. David De Gaya,  again would he make in that top 10 list ??

De Gea shouldn't really be in the conversation tbh. Unfortunately he makes too many mistakes especially in his most recent seasons. 

• i hate to use moneyball method but,  what do the stats say  ie,,, shots faced   shots saved  mistakes etc....i'm willing to bet there's not much in it over a lengthey period..

Goalkeepers, Ten a Penny!

(source 'The Goalkeepers Revenge' said by Bob Thropper)

I don't think there are many keepers who are in the same league as Peter Schmeicel to be honest and certainly one of the Premier league's best ever.

I would say Peter Schmeichel 

Schmikes--------

• August

Peter Schmeichel by far. He took no prisoners 

• Adam

Schmeichel by a mile. Overall an amazing keeper that added so much to that side.

One side note. I was a toon fan as a kid and was at st James park in 96 on a Monday night when Man United won 1-0 and effectively won the title that night. Newcastle had 61% possession, 16 attempts at goal. The reason united won. Schmeichel. If you can watch that game, it's a goalkeeping masterclass. He was incredible that night. If ever a keeper won a team a game, it was him that night

I would say Van der Sar was the best for his clean sheet records, on top of everything he won with United which is equal to what Schmeichel won. I don't understand the Schmeichel worship he leaked tons of goals for United, just look at the stats. DDG has been average with spells of good form.