find/dig out?

Which one do you prefer to say in this context?

- She was finally able to find/dig out her favorite coffee mug after searching for a long time

Those have two different meanings. If the cup was on a shelf or in a cabinet, she found it. If it was under a bunch of other stuff in a trunk or packing box, she might have dug it out. "Out" means that it was "in" and under other things. 

Dig out is colloquial, and more colorful, but it could be acceptable here for the action you have in mind. Find is just simpler, more normal, and I prefer it. 

I like find.

Digging, I would rather use with a shovel.

• D50

Find suggests you didn't know where it was. Dig suggests it was buried under other stuff. So use either one depending on which meaning you want to convey.

DIG has several meanings, one of them is " to search in something in order to find an object in something. Ex. He dug around in his bag for a pen.Going by thiZ, "dig" appears preferable.

For normal situations, find too is applicable.

You can't "find out" something you're looking for, but you can 'find' it.  To 'find out' something means that you have learned something,

Use a simple sentence:  'She was finally able to find her favorite coffee mug after searching for a long time,'  If you're intention is to imply that it was buried under other objects (in a box, for example), then you can use "dig out."  

• RP

Either could be fine, depending upon the idea to be expressed, but I prefer find.

I have no preference.  Dig out refers to a lot of work finding a thing that was buried or hidden.  finding does not imply that idea (more a matter of looking in the correct place than scrounging through a bunch of mess).

Fine since it makes more sense. Not sure if dig out would work in this situation, I mean maybe, but it just sounds like there is dirt that u are digging

They mean totally different things.