Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

How do you cook an egg?

• 1 week ago

Me personally? I just break an egg into a microwave safe  bowl, scramble it, add salt and pepper, a tiny bit of water and what ever other bits I want to make it taste good and just nuke it until it is fluffy.

sunnyside up or over easy

Microwave. Or stir it on a pan. 

My favorite way to cook an egg that has a runny yolk is:

A small pat of butter in a cast iron pan. Crack the egg over the butter and cook until the whites are almost solid. Then slowly add water to the pan,  just to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover with a lid for a minute or until the top of the yolk is ever so slightly cooked. Use slotted spatula to remove from pan. The egg will have no water on it.

This technique allows the egg to have a slight sunny side over effect, without flipping the egg and risking breaking the yolk. 

• denise

Many ways ;-

Fried,  Boiled,  Poached,  Scrambled,  Omelettes,  Scotch eggs...…………………… 

• Ray J

Over easy, braised (which is steaming them in a tiny bit of water) or poached.  Oh, and sometimes scrambled with a bit of orange processed American cheese flavored stuff.

These are some of the ways I have cooked eggs..

In a cake

In cookies

In a custard

In the base for ice cream (I guess that is also a custard)

In a quiche

Over easy

Hard cooked for a salad, Deviled eggs, egg salad sandwich

Scrambled

Omelette

Part of dredging meat to fry

Cream Puffs

Breads

• kswck2

You are limited Only by your imagination. 

I saw a newsish thing on the internet that claimed there are 321 ways to cook an egg. Another blob of dubious information said that the number of folds in a chef's cloche equaled the number of ways he knew to cook an egg. While neither of those may be true, the egg is amenable to being cooked many many ways.  One of my favorites is blindfolded eggs, cooked soft, and served in a bowl of chili and refried beans, huevos rancheros. But I also enjoy them deviled, scrambled, as an omelet or a frittata. Why don't you start out breaking a couple into a mixing bowl, adding salt and a couple of dashes of Louisiana hot sauce, thoroughly mixing them, then pouring them in a lightly sprayed nonstick skillet and moving them around with a silicone spatula to make a plate of scrambled eggs. You can, of course, add cheese, or bacon or both to the batter. I'm particularly fond of adding crumbled corned beef.  But that should get  you started. Best of luck for cooking henfruit.

• Tasm

It depends on how I want the egg in the end.