What do you think of abortion?

• God

It's totally up to the woman involved.  Everyone else should mind their own business.

• L

When I was younger.........I always thought - only do this if necessary.

Now, I've had more time to educate myself and have a completely different opinion on it.  A female, is she wants to have sex - buy her own Birth Control....if she ends up getting pregnant and wants an Abortion - pay for it herself.  It is NOT the tax payer's responsibility to pay for a person's choices........Birth Control or Abortion.  

Some may say Abortion is Essential Health Care.............to me, this is complete B.S.!  Essential Health Care means taking care of yourself with yearly exams, etc. but NOT Abortion - an Abortion is a CHOICE not Essential.

• sarah

I think it's murder and should be outlawed with the exception of treating a molar pregnancy (which is either not a baby at all or a baby that has no chance of survival) or an ectopic pregnancy (which is an embryo that implanted outside the uterus and will never be able to grow and could kill the mother if it's not removed). But for things like Down's syndrome or irresponsible little girls who get pregnant and don't want to step up and be a woman, I think it's inexcusable.

only cowards get an abortion. 

I think most people who say, "her body/her choice" don't really mean it.

For most people, there is a gestational point at which they become squeamish about abortion and believe that a woman should be forced to remain pregnant.

For some, it is after the first trimester. For some, it is after 20 weeks.  For some, it is after 22 weeks when survivablity outside the womb increases.

For almost everyone, though, there is a point at which they will tell a woman it is not her body and not her choice.

This woman, Beth Vial, did not find out she was pregnant until she was at 26 weeks gestation, and had an elective abortion at 28 weeks gestation.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/what-it-was-like-t...

Many would say she was "wrong" to do that, but they need to ask themselves why?  Is it because she had crossed some arbitrary gestational threshold after which that person believes it was wrong? A day before that threshold it wouldn't have been wrong, but a day after it was?

Either abortion in and of itself is not wrong at any gestation for any reason a woman chooses, or it is wrong at every gestation.

I believe that once a person's life has begun, the only thing that should end it is natural death.

• Brian

That is a Private matter between the Lady in Question and her Doctor.  

• Kieth

What someone does with their own body is their business. If you want to bring religion into it, it's between them and God.

• Marduk

Being born into a living hell is only loved by those who hate the poor!!!

My body, my choice.

Your body, your choice.