Is my career as a Teacher over because I didn't ID someone while serving alcohol?

So, I had my first waitressing job last year and, long story short, I live in a pretty big city with a pretty big downtown scene, and a massive sting operation was going under way in prep for last year's St. Paddy's Day. In my first 3 weeks of working there, I was one of the lucky ones that got "caught selling alcohol to minors". 

What happened: Guy walks in (looks at LEAST 30) asks for a Corona. I smile and say "Yes sir! Would you like bottle or draft?"

Guy : Bottle, please.

Me : Yes sir! Anything else for you today? Would you like to order an entree while you sit at the bar?

Guy : No thank you. I can walk around with this, right?

Me : Yes sir, you can have an open container, but only in the downtown limits. 

He couldn't even have the bottle, I would of had to pour it in a plastic cup for him, which I didn't know. My city allows people to carry alcohol around as long as it's not glass. Also, I didn't think anything of him asking if he could carry it because my town is a VERY popular tourist area, especially around St. Paddy's.

Cop comes in, asks for manager, I get the owner, she points at me and says I just sold alcohol to a minor. It was a sting operation to purposefully catch people.

Is this going to effect me going to school to be a teacher? I literally just turned 21, and I didn't even have a Bar Card or anything. Am I going to be able to get a job anywhere as any kind of teacher??

You'll be fine. Women get off way easier than guys, so at worst, you'll get a slap on the wrist and a finger-wagging reminder to always card, plus at 21, they'll assume you don't know any better anyhow.

Don't complain, at least you're not going to be black-listed from your chosen field for a minor infraction due to honest ignorance, and thus broke or having to struggle to get a degree in a new field. If a guy did the same thing you did, he'd be dragged to prison and accused of trying to give someone a date-rape drug while on the clock.

• Edwena

If it does, get your degree and move someplace where it doesn't. 

Didn’t they teach you that whenever someone asks for an alcohol, you need to ask for their ID regardless of their age. If they look 50, you still err on the caution side and ask. 

You’ll probably lose your job or have your paycheck deducted if the owner has to pay a penalty. If it happens too often then the owner will lose his liquor license. 

It won’t affect you if you want to be a teacher but if it asks for past experience, you’ll have to explain why you were fired.