Car troubles? ?

I recently bought a 2004 Hyundai Sana Fei 3.5 from my brother [who buys and sells cars like its nothing] He took it over to my dad to do a tune up, they claimed to have replaced everything slightly off about it. Sweet? I paid them for the service and took the car home. First thing I noticed was the car was kinda "chugging" along, like it wasn't reaching its full potential. So I took it to Auto Zone and had it hooked up and a ton of errors came up so the Tech advised me to take it home, unplug the battery and let it reset then come back later to try again if anything happens. So I did, and all the lights went off for about a day, still chugging, then the light came back on so I took it back. They informed me my coil packs were the cause so I contacted my dad directly because I paid my brother for coil packs, so I assumed this was a mistake. My dad informed me the coil packs never got changed but could easily be the problem. So I saved up and bought 3 coil packs. At first, I bought 1 and slapped it in and the car ran a little better, but short lived. So I took it back and a different tech tells me the coils are the wrong size for my engine so we ordered 2 more and he would let me exchange the one I had just put on. Next day I come back and the coils they order are the EXACT same as the one I already bought so I just buy them and keep the first, replaced 3/6. Now the car wants to cut out while driving, and smells like its burning up. 

Another issue I had, was my brother said it ran super cool ac, which it didn't so I got a can to fill it up and it didnt work, it blew HOT. So I bought another, but took it to my brothers house and he put it in this time and said I still needed another half can, but it actually ran a little cold for the rest of the day. I didn't need the air so i shut it off and went home. Now its struggling to get cold and then all of problems above started. 

My dad is a LEGIT mechanic for over 25 years!! Stop saying I need to take it to a real mechanic not auto zone, I took it there to be hooked up to a machine that APPARENTLY  tells you what is wrong with it so IDK. I live in a small hick town, autozone is the best we have...

• arther

what are the errors any big vacuum leak on the in take will create lots of errors, cracked plastic intake piping can do it.

Get your car towed to a competent garage already.  Your brother will not be able to fix it.  He is just winging it.

And Autozone is a store.  The guys there are just selling you parts.  They do not care if the parts they sell you fixes the vehicle.

• Ron

First mistake, buying from a friend or relative. Second mistake, buying a Hyundai. Third mistake, relying on a guy that flips cars for a profit and has no clue how to properly diagnose and repair and doesn't care. 

• Scott

It sounds like you need to go to a real mechanic and stop going to your brother and dad. Autozone sells parts, they are not mechanics. It's in their best interest to sell you all the parts they can. Do not trust what they tell you. Spend $30 and buy your own OBD2 scanner to read your own error codes, then do your own research.

• Dan

Take it back to your brother and get your money back, the coil money too.

Either that or have him pay a real Mechanic, NOT AutoZone, to fix it.

• Evil C

What you have is a lemon. Your best bet is to return it and get your money back because it's just gonna keep giving you problems.