Petra asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

can instagram remove posts automatically without anyone reporting them?

two of my posts were removed a couple minutes after i posted them for violating instagram's guidelines. could instagram have automatically removed these posts, or did someone report them?

• Daniel

Yes they can a Post does not have to be Reported to be Removed Instagram can Spot check sometimes and they may have found something that needed to be Removed and Thus they Removed it without anyone Reporting It

Either Instagram or they were reported and removed.  No one here would be able to tell you who did it.  Ask them and see if they will tell you.  I doubt they will.

I think Instagram, which is a Facebook product, IS being monitored and moderated by Facebook staff. That means they CAN remove anything without it being reported by other users. Facebook and Instagram do NOT work the same way as YA does. Neither does Reddit. YA has NO staff that is being PAID to monitor or moderate the YA forums for at least 6 years.