Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 month ago

When it comes to martial arts, do you think the best self defense is just to pretend you are having a seizure?

In the real world if you try to defend yourself, it means you might get hurt. But i was thinking if you just fall on the ground and pretend you are having a seizure, and start squirming like a worm, the other guy would be like "what the hell???" and at that point he would be downright confused and not even want to hurt you any further. So in my opinion instead of wasting money on Karate classes you could just have a seizure.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Steel
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

This is a joke, but there is something to be said of deception as it concerns combat and/or self defense - in fact, there are some disciplines that rely heavily on that concept such as drunken boxing and Capoeira.

Honestly, the best self defense I've come to realize for "the real world" is to not put yourself in scenarios or situations where being attacked is a greater likelihood, such as going to seedy bars or bad parts of town.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It worked for Bruce Lee.

• Imp
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No, they'll probably use the opportunity to hurt you, you're right in not wanting to do karate (there are alot of mcdojos). If you want to learn how to defend your self wrestle with a buddy!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.