Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

My boyfriend almost left me at the airport?

I've been seeing and talking to this guy I met off a dating app, and we've been dating for half a year. He's 34 and I'm 25. We kinda in a long distance relationship. I live in Missouri, and he lives in Chicago. So, we have to sometimes fly a plane to see each other. I went to Chicago recently to visit him, and I stayed for two weeks. While it was fun, he treated me like a baby the whole time. I didn't like that, so I decided to try to break up with him. We eventually made up, but he almost kicked me out his house and wanted me to find a way back home. He paid for my plane ticket because he's an airline worker and gets benefits. I didn't have any money, so I Would've been stuck in Chicago until I found someone to come get me. Everything is ok  me and him are back togethernow, but that just gets to me that he would've left me stranded like that. Should I be concerned?

• Brian

It sounds to me as if he's only interested in you as a distant booty call and not much else or he'd treat you with respect and dignity. This is why meet ups off dating apps for the most part don't work out, especially long distance ones. You split up once, you should do it again and this time make it stick. Find some one else who can bring you a lot more happiness than this guy does.

sigh

i'm sorry but you are dumb. really dumb. "long distance" is not a relationship. half a year? too short first of all. big age difference. you are traveling in a pandemic... and you didn't even quarantine yourself. he's treating you like a baby because you are so much younger and he also is sexualizing you. "almost kicked you out"? how do you almost? and then told you to find a way back home, yet you have NO money? what do you do for a living? do you live with your parents?? at least he was nice enough to pay for your plane ticket to get you out of here.

you are 25 years old. you may have had to call someone to come get you? come on...

and now everything is just miraculously okay? you made a mistake. because now he knows your limits. he can do whatever he wants now because "things will be okay after" and you will take him back. ridiculous. 

• :)

He sounds power hungry and like he uses your age gap to his advantage. I’m 22(nearing 23) and my boyfriend is 29. We have quite the age gap, but he’s never made me feel less than/reliant on him. I don’t like the sound of this guy.

How old are you, honey? You bet you should have been and should be concerned. What's wrong with you? You date someone where you have to fly to see each other?

You don't like how he treats you, yet you made up with him?

He was going to abandon you to get home any way you could?

You are traveling without resources of your own?

AND, you still get back together with him?

What's lacking, is your own common sense and sense of self preservation.

You should not continue seeing him.

You should not date anyone else,until you grow and mature enough to take care of yourself, first.

Good wishes, good luck.