Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 month ago

Would you quit your passion because of an injury?

Mountain biking is my passion. I compete in local downhill racing and have been riding several years. I had my first real injury a year ago which now requires surgery. It's nothing major, a small procedure to remove some swelling and to repair a deformed bone from the impact in a crash. It got me thinking what could have happened if it was worse or what could happen in the future. Have you quit your passion because if an injury and what your story?

Not unless the injury was bad enough that I couldn't pursue it anymore.

• Gave up playing rugby due to a neck injury; giving up playing in my men's league hockey because my knees are shot to bits. Sticking to non-contact sports for now.

I had a passion for playing music. I did ot all my life. Played in many bands at many concerts. I wasnt injured but God let me know he had other plans for me. So now i dont play music and it really doesnt bother me at all. It doesn't take an injury for soneone to give up their passion but sometimes it does.