Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How do I make my boyfriend realize what he has?

My boyfriend has the worst behavior ever. When he gets mad, he says everything that comes to his mind. He doesn’t even think, he says all kinds of words. And he gets mad about the stupidest things. And he blocks me everywhere. He hurts my feelings and it’s like he doesn’t even care about it.

And I’ve had just about enough of it. He needs to realize that I will no longer accept his behavior and that if he continues to be like this, I’ll have no choice but to leave. I realize that it’s my fault I’ve let him be like this with me but I need to change this.

It’s like he thinks I’ll always be there and never leave. But his behavior and the way he talks when he is mad is hurting me. Right now we are in a fight for no reason and he blocked me?? How do I make him scared of losing me and how do I make him realize he can’t do what he wants because he isn’t the only one in this relationship? I love him with all my heart and I just want to fix this. 

He blocked me now and usually when he blocks me he doesn’t text me about 3-4 days, and I’m always the one who ends up texting him.

How do I get him scared, make him think he’s losing me? How do I get through to him? He never listens and doesn’t let me say what I want to.

PLEASE NO MEAN COMMENTS ABOUT ME OR HIM. IF YOU CAN HELP, THEN DO SO. IF YOU WANT TO COMMENT ON ANYTHING ELSE RATHER THAN HELPING ME, THE DON’T COMMENT!!! 

dump him. He's clearly causing you so much phycological pain and it sounds like he's loving it 

You set some standards for yourself and then follow through.

Why would he be scared of losing you when there's absolutely no, zero, nada consequence of him treating you like dirt? He says stupid things, and you're still there, he hurts your feelings, and you're still there, he blocks you, and YOU are the one who texts him first.

Of course he thinks that you'll always be there and you never leave, you've never given him reason to believe otherwise. No matter how shitty he treats you, there you are.

If you act like a doormat, certain people will treat you like a doormat. You need to inject yourself with a huge dosage of self-respect and confidence.

Now, you CANNOT change another person, and you CANNOT fix them, unless they truly want to change themselves, but you can change how you react to them.

He says stupid, hurtful things? You leave and you wait for him to apologize. He blocks you? You ignore him, go on with your life, and wait for him to text you first (not the other way round!) and apologize. If he does, well then you have something to build on and hopefully a fresh start, if he doesn't, then you know just how little you mean to him.

The important thing is that you MUST follow through and you must be willing to risk losing him. If you don't, he will lose even more respect for you, and this will go on and on until you are a withered, broken shell of the woman you used to be.

I hope you get what you want, but from what you've written here, I think you need to prepare yourself for that fact that sometimes he's just not that into you, or that sometimes the person you've fallen for just isn't capable of loving, healthy relationships.

• Alan H

If, as seems likely, his behaviour does not change, YOU CAN CHANGE.....your boyfriend!

Leave him, don't waste your life, it's the best choice. Trust me he will NEVER realize what they are...and you know what? People don't change AT ALL.

How he treats you is 100 percent not your fault. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, and it sounds like he isn't doing that. I think you should have an honest conversation with him about how your feeling, and express that the relationship may end if he doesn't treat you right. Finally, stay true to your word and find someone better if he doesn't treat you with the respect you deserve. Good luck :)

You do deserve to be treated better but the only way to show him your self worth is to make him miss you. He probably wants the feeling of being loved by you chasing him when he blocks you, so don’t do it. Don’t try to contact him at all and he will eventually come back with his tail between his legs. When he does, let him know how you feel and make it clear that you won’t tolerate this again 

Cheat on him with a hotter guy lol jk Seriously, I just went through this. My ex bf was doing the same thing. He left me and I actually got down on my knees and begged. He said no. I called him and called. He blocked me wouldn't talk to me. I started talking to other guys and now he is talking to me. I don't think I want to be with him anymore though. I think I am going to move out soon. 

Just tell him you are going to **** someone else and see what he says then if he's still mean go **** someone else and tell him to **** off. 

Im sorry to say it but he might never truly miss you because he's been shown that you'll put up with his horrible behavior. You've shown him that you find a way to talk to him again and i think that's boosting his ego which i don't really understand how or why he has such a big ego because he doesnt sound like a nice person. But we really can't help you unless you're willing to help yourself. You already know that you need to leave and stop talking to him but you're not doing that. You're trying to find a way around that but sadly no one can make anyone realize what they're worth that has to be something they see on their own. You wanting to "make him see it" isn't gonna end well if anything you're gonna make him not wanna be around you even more because when he blocks you and everything he probably expects you to stay away but if he's just blocking you to be petty and to ignore you then you seriously need to ask yourself why you want someone like that in your life. 

Also you're over here driving yourself insane and asking for advice about how to make him see your worth and the ironic thing is you don't even see it yourself. And he seems to be unbothered and just living his life. He doesn't need to make any kind of effort to reach you because he knows you'll contact him. I feel like you just wanna say what you have to say it sounds more like you would rather argue with him like he does to you to get your point across and im not saying don't stand up for yourself im saying you really need to move on from him and the fact that he runs from any interaction with you, doesn't wanna work anything out, always hurts your feelings, and the fact that he consistently disrespects you should tell you that you need to move on. It also comes off like you like bad boys because he's being an idiot and here you are chasing after him and for what?, do you still love him?, do you love how he treats you? he's not a good person, you know you can do better, and you're still trying to have your cake and eat it too instead of just telling this loser bye. He is a loser in my opinion because he consistently chooses to be a terrible bf to you. Even if he contacted you first and started being nice it wouldn't last long and he would start being who he truly is again and once again i really think you need to ask yourself why on God's green earth would you want someone like that?? Stop protecting someone who is hurting you.

Source(s): I dated an idiot when i was 17 and he acted like your bf. Im happily engaged years later and i don't regret leaving my idiot ex even for a second.

i wouldnt stay with a boyfriend like that