Why do some men try to date women who don't match their personality?

Outgoing men try to date women who are shy. Is there a reason they do this?

Because opposites attract. They should have enough in common to where they get along but not so much that they don't get along. Because two stubborn people who think they're right all the time that never ends well because they never resolve whatever issue they have and it just builds up and it ends badly.

i have seen many outgoing people with introverts

I’m a very outgoing, emotional guy (all emotions) and me dating a woman who acts the same would be a chaotic mess. My girl is non assertive, easy going and follows my lead or calms me down if I’m off the rails. 

This is an odd observation. Some men do date women who are shy, and some men date women who are outgoing. Some men date other men. Some men date younger women. Some men date older women. Some men simply don’t date. I just honestly don’t see substance in your question. 

• Wilson

Are they “trying” to date the women 

Or are they actually dating them 

I’m confused by your question 

In one part you say they are “trying”

And in another part toy say they are “doing”

Which one is it?

The opposites are attracted to each other! For example: fat chicks usually like skinny guys, skinny guys usually like thick girls.

My husband's personality is way opposite of my own. He is the strong, silent, non-confrontational type. I'm crazy, loud, and love a good fight. He loves routine, I love to shake it up. He doesn't like to rock the boat; he's a very steady man with steady plans and that's that. I will fly off the handle, dye my hair blue, and want to take up lessons in something I've never done before.

Sometimes, for the good of the relationship, opposites DO attract. I think he would be bored out of his skull if he was with someone like him, and it would be constant fighting if I were with someone just like me. He keeps me grounded when I need to be, calm, and collected. I put the fire in his pants, LOL. We compliment each other quite nicely.

It’s not particularly true. Its weird to pass off your opinion as fact.

To each their own...